Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My Weekend (First ever staying up at Caldwell!)

Although this is my second year at Caldwell, I have NEVER stayed a full weekend in the dorms! This weekend was my first. I stayed because I have an alumni scholarship, and needed to help out at an Alumni Tea on Saturday. The women at the tea had graduated from Caldwell College 50 years ago! It was so nice to see all of them, they were SO sweet! There was supposed to be a bonfire on Friday night, but because it rained, student activities had a dance in the old gym. It wasn't all that great, but I had a good time with my friends. Sunday was my sorority (Delta Phi Epsilon)'s "Sister to Sister Sunday Dinner". I had so much fun setting up and eating a nice meal with my sisters and a few potential new members! I also got to sleep in a lot this weekend, which was absolutely wonderful. On Saturday, my mom and cousin Louise came up to visit me and bring me some groceries. We went out to eat at a very cute diner in West Caldwell and then to a cupcake shop. I got a Samoa Cupcake and it was DELICIOUS! I'm definitely going to get that again. It was a basic yellow cupcake and had a caramel and coconut frosting with a little chocolate drizzle; amazing!

2 comments:

  1. If I dormed, I don't think I would ever stay in the dorms for an entire weekend. That's great that your sorority does so many things for community service. It's fun to meet new people that are interested in joining a new club or sorority. It is an opportunity to make new friends. My mom would definitely do my grocery shopping too! I LOVE samoas! Next time you get a Samoa cupcake, you better share it with me! It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, you're making me hungry. Yeeeaaaah I wish I could stay around in the dorms more often. Looks fun. Have a few friends that let me go in whenever. Good luck with your sorority though. Looks pretty well populated, ha. I need food. BBL.

    ReplyDelete