Thursday, November 3, 2011

What A Week

This was definitely a crazy week. I went home Thursday night so I could observe on Friday. After observing I went out to dinner with my boyfriend to Chili's. On Saturday, I had work, we were supposed to go to a farm in Holmdel, but because of the weather, we stayed at the building all day. On Saturday night, the roads in my area were pretty clear, so I was able to go to my boyfriend's house and watch the movie "Life As We Know It", which is one of my favorite movies. On Sunday, I went to Ihop with Kenny and then I started to pack up my things for school. I then got a call that said classes were canceled. I was SO happy because that meant I could observe my first graders on Halloween! On Monday I went to the school and helped out with the Halloween party and the parade that the school does. The kids looked SO cute in their costumes. There were a few witches, ninjas, superheroes, and a composer! The teachers also had very creative costumes. The teacher I'm observing went as a member of the Lollipop Guild from The Wizard of Oz and her aide was the Cowardly Lion. I just went as a cat, because I didn't want to look overdone. My sister and I decorated the yard for Halloween and scared a LOT of kids, it was so funny! Then on Tuesday I came back to school :).

1 comment:

  1. You're not kidding about the crazy week. I think everyone has some odd experience with the weather. First graders are fun to observe. It's amazing when the reading clicks with them, usually they all get it by December. Is it just me, or do you think that the kids are big for first graders? I observered the first grade last spring and loved it. I really enjoyed being involved with Guided Reading sessions.

    ReplyDelete