Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving Break!

Instead of a normal four day weekend, I had a week-long break. I stayed up here over the weekend of the 18th-20th, then after the KDE induction ceremony, my mom took me home. Tuesday I slept in and worked on some schoolwork I had due. Then I went out with my boyfriend. On Wednesday I went to the class I observe and I helped out with their Thanksgiving feast. Later on, I went to New Brunswick with my friends Joy and Punit. Joy and Punit used to work with me at Daisy and I haven't seen either of them for a long time. We went out for sushi and got frozen yogurt for dessert. It was really great to catch up with them. On Thursday, I cooked a sweet potato casserole and my mother, sister, and me went to my cousin Louise's for dinner. My sister was sick, so she left early and brought back food for my grandma and her. I was so happy to get together with my cousins Gracie and Laura. After my mom and I got home, we didn't sleep. We stayed up and went shopping at Freehold Mall at 2:30 AM! It's a tradition for us to go Black Friday shopping. I got a few new shirts from my favorite store; everything was 50% off! My mom and I went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and got a few gifts. We then went to a diner and went to sleep once we got home. Later on I went out to eat with Ken and we watched the movie She's Out of My League. It was VERY funny and cute. On Saturday, I went out to dinner with one of my best friends Carol. My mom came with us. It was really nice to go out and have a delicious dinner. On Sunday, I went to breakfast with Kenny and then I came back to Caldwell at night. It was a great weekend and a great break before all the hecticness of finals!

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. It seems so long ago, now that Christmas has taken the fast track. Do you stress the holidays? I don't until Christmas Eve, when I am preparing for company the next day. There's something about this time of year that just makes me smile. Oh, probably because the semester is coming to an end. Hope enjoy the holidays and the break!

    ReplyDelete